View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2012, 06:54 PM

Oh, Beth, I am so very sorry to hear that Earl is not doing well. I too haven't posted much lately, mainly because I've just been holding my breath. I so hope something will help Earl's counts and especially help him to feel better.
I really have no explanation for why my husband is doing better. His numbers are AWFUL, he has no platelets but luckily the Amicar keeps him safe, at least so far. He did begin the Dacogen and has no favorable results. In fact his whites and reds have both tanked now. But he bounced back after our scare in August, so I'm just thanking God for each and every day. We have actually been on one trip and are supposed to go on another one this weekend. We shall see.
If someone had told me in August that this would have been possible, I would have never believed it. Don't get me wrong, Al's energy level is still not good, but he's able to get up and get around and he does still have a good appetite.
I know you've probably tried everything with Earl, but Al really likes Boost and when he hasn't felt like eating, he has at least drank a Boost. When our daughter was here she fixed him fruit Smoothies which he enjoyed but he doesn't seem to want one when I suggest it.
Anyway you are both certainly in our prayers. I know, like me, you are so hoping for a miracle.
Lots of prayers and hugs,
Linda
Linda, Al's wife, 75; dx MDS 5/2010; Vidaza 6/2010; ARRY614 & Sapacitabine clinical trials at Emory, no results, stopped 12/2011. Had BMB at NIH on 6/5/12, blasts 10-15% so he's not eligible for trial there. :eek Promacta trial, Tampa, blasts 25-30% 8/17/12 AML, trying Dacogen now and praying.