View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 19, 2012, 11:22 PM

Gosh Beth, it's been awhile since I have been on - roller coaster - even though I've never been on one, I think I know now what the ride is like! I am so sorry to hear about Earl - he has had so much to deal with, are you doing ok? I do know exactly what you mean when all you can do is watch - not able to *fix* it. And Al to - I'm so sorry to hear what you two have been dealing with Linda. You guys along with Greg were the first I *met* here and have been such help, whether it's something that hubby has had to deal with or just reading and knowing we are not alone in this.

I am keeping you all in my prayers, and will be praying for your strength to. It's a lot to handle.

My hubby has been taken off docagen, he had 4 cycles and it seemed to have helped his white cells maybe, but not producing and red or platelets now and the doctor told us from looking at the second bmb his marrow is pretty much shot. We were looking at BMT in January but since the dacogen and or the MDS itself has started problems with his liver we are now going to transplant on Nov 5. Right now he is having blood transfusions once a week and platelets every 3 or 4 days. We have been so blessed in that they were able to find two perfect 10/10 matches for him. there is a chance of finding one but to find two is nothing short of a miracle in my book.

It is so hard watching him deal with all this and he has been so good, won't allow us to worry about it, says we are going to do what we have to and fight this thing. Our doctors are the best. We actually have everything we need available to us on the same floor of one hospital. Some I have heard from are going to different places for different treatments and tests - that must add so much to the stress of it all. The whole staff form the hem/onc when he was diagnosed in July to the BMT unit we now have started going to have been so great, and so open with letting us know exactly what isgoing on and what choices we have etc. I am sure that is much of the reason the Lee has been doing as well as he has been.

Again, I am so sorry the you are facing all of this and hope that soon every day will bring even a little ray of good with it.

Laura