View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 19, 2009, 01:06 PM

Mom is now starting her 10th cycle of Vidaza and we are cautiously optimistic. Her platelets and white counts seem to be responding. Her neutrophils have been between .2 - .4 for over a year and she has needed neupogen injections to get them to about .8. Platelets have been between 22-90. The last cycle of Vidaza her WBC went to 2.9 and her neutrophils were at 1.5 on her own without neupogen and the platelets were at 165. She still continues bi-weekly transfusions, but we are hoping that this is something positive that Vidaza is doing. I am glad we got a second opinion from Dr. Raza before they took her off the Vidaza, I didn't think they gave it a fair shake with only 5 cycles.

On another note I just wanted to add my mother was diagnosed with early breast cancer and the return of her non-hodgkins lymphoma last December. Moral was very bad last year at this time. The doctors feel the Vidaza has also taken care of those cancers because there is no sign of them anymore. Vidaza, the dual functioning drug.
Dacogen started 01/10 - no response
Bone Marrow Biopsy 10/10 - 13% blasts
Bone Marrow Biopsy 12/22/10 - 45% blasts - AML
I have an angel 1/4/11