Thread: Kidney Disease
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 25, 2011, 02:23 PM

Body pain from diabetes medications

I have MDS and I also have kidney disease and I'm transfusion dependant since my bone marrow no longer produces red blood cells. I have had terrible back pains that required me to use my back brace almost all day long and every now and then when the pain gets so bad, I take Vicodin. On my own, I decided to stop taking Actos in total of 45 ml every day and I have reduced my Glipizide to one twice a day. I now treat my diabetes with insulin. For the past 7 days, my back pain went away, I am no longer swollen that use to require me to take Lasix for relief. My last creatinine test showed improvement in my GFR. I thought I was well on my way to become a dialysis patient. I am also taking "black tea" (2) 3 times a day that is helping to stabilize my iron overload. I hope my discovery helps those who suffer from the same thing that I've suffered on my own without the help of my doctors. The black tea recommendation came from my new oncologist, while my other oncologist gave me Vidaza that only served to ruin my kidneys even more.