View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 14, 2011, 10:03 AM

Thanks so much for responding, Slip Up 2. It is so difficult to find good information about all of this. We have good doctors and support there, and I'm reading as much as I can get my hands on . . . but it is great to be able to talk to someone who is experiencing the same things.

Last night was rough. In addition to my husband being miserable, I am preparing for a colonoscopy this morning, so we neither one got much sleep. His temp got up to 101.3 (38.5) and he's hurting. Just gave him some Tylenol to get the temp back down. Sure hope today goes better . . . we're due in for the Vidaza at 2:00.

How long have you been dealing with the MDS? Is your husband de novo or secondary? What else are you dealing with? I look forward to talking with you more, but I've gotta run now.

Thanks again,

Darice
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].