View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 14, 2011, 08:53 PM

Hi,

I had 5 cycles of Vidaza and I never once had any nausea. My doctor ordered Navaban (Tropisitron) before each infusion (I had IV) and it worked wonderfully. I did get some muscle soreness but it wasn't too bad and subsided by the 2nd or 3rd day of the cycle. Constipation started becoming a problem due to the Navaban and Vidaza together so I added a laxative in every day as well. I did have daily blood tests during the cycle and again mid cycle.

The main side effects were all marrow related. All my counts dropped dramatically and my blood transfusion requirement increased. If I remember correctly I had to have 6 units of blood in the first week of the first cycle and another 3 units the following week and 3 the week after. I had been averaging 1 unit of blood a week prior to the Vidaza.

All in all Vidaza wasn't very difficult at all. Because I had IV Vidaza with blood transfusions as well it was time consuming which was tiring but that was a small price to pay for a potentially life prolonging treatment.

Hope things improve.

Regards
Xq19.36 mutation
Xq21.40. mutation
1p36. Mutation
15q11.2 deletion