View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 16, 2011, 02:35 PM

Thanks, all

We've gotten through the first three days of Vidaza; number four today. I don't know whether I will be able to get him it today or not. He is determined to make it, but so far has been unable to get out of bed. I told him to rest because we still have a little time before we have to leave.
He started all of this pretty worn down already from a bout with bladder cancer, and just hasn't had a chance to get his feet under him. He is totally exhausted and weak. The nausea was better this last time, and the evening primrose oil is helping with the injection site . . . but he is weak and hurting. We're supposed to get CBCs today and I'm pretty sure he'll need blood . . . he is truly pale as a ghost. And weak as a kitten. Should this get better within this set of seven or will he get progressively worse? If he's this bad after just 3 I can't imagine after 7. How quickly will he recover? couple of days? week? 2 weeks? or is this just the constant state for a while? I know a transfusion will give him a boost, but has anyone found anything else that helps?
Thanks
hubby 73, dx NHL 2001, CNS involvement. SCT (auto) 5/08 [dx UTUC renal pelvis, 2010/surgeries/MMC], MANY recurrences, chemos, surgeries, rad. dx t-MDS 3/11: IPSS 1.5 (Int-2); MDA 11, RCMD trilineage, inc. Fe, ring sideroblasts, 7q del/mono 7 (51.5%), 46,XY,t(6,17)(p22;q25)[4]/45,XY,-7[4]/46,XY[12].