View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 23, 2011, 08:47 PM

OMG, I had no idea. Outpatient. What do they have you do when you go to IPOP, and how long are you there? Are you exposed to others? Do you have a caretaker drive you back and forth? Should you expect to go in patient at some point when recooperating at home or a nearby rental apartment? If so do you end up on the transplant floor, or a regular bed on a generic floor of the hospital? (I'm becoming a germophobic-Howard Hughes-like).

Dana Farber impressed upon the importance of their procedures for a donor match, and impact of outcome of the transplant. I got the impression they look into antigens? and classifications more deeply than the usual hospital. Did you get that impression from John Hopkins?
f68 MDS; abmt 1/12. ABO mismatch 11 mos. (70) transf. Ferr 3-5k. 8 phlebot. AGVHD to CGVHD. skin,eyes. lungs as of 10/13. muscle weakness &osteo long term steroids.photopheresis 2x wk as of 3-15.pred 20 eod,acyclovir, mepron, voriconazole, pantropazole, lisinopril, montelukast, anoro, azithromycin.