View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 17, 2011, 02:19 PM

Philly folks

I am located in South Jersey, so I would love to know if anyone with MDS is close to me! Also, I am about 1 1/2 hours to Philly areas...traffic notwithstanding! It would be terrific to know someone in Philly as it is overwhelming for me to get around the city by myself....and there are often good information sources there...

Also, any MDS "Shoobies" coming to the shore--I'll gladly meet you at the beach or boardwalk! Ahhh, summer is here! **

*For those of you living elsewhere, summers at the New Jersey shore are wonderful, and are NO WAY reflected by that creepy tv show with the same name! Beautiful beaches, fun boardwalks, history, lots to see and do, and clean! Atlantic City to Cape May is really spectacular and gorgeous! From Memorial Day to Columbus Day, there is a whole lifestyle change!
Cheri Age 54; dx Oct 2009 AML, induction chemo only;dx MDS July 2010,- PRBC transfusion dependent; Results BMB 8/4/11--- 6-8% blasts; Danazol 100 mg 3xday; quit Exjade/ GI distress; platelets holding 40's; Fluctuation in blasts in blood--Neupogen 3-4xweek; off Revlimid again! Procrit weekly