View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 15, 2010, 10:00 PM

Regarding the Picc line. I bought the famous DrySomething. I already forgot the name of the product but its a rubber sleeve that goes over the area where you picc line is. You sqeeze the air out with this removable bulb and they say you can even swim with it. Postage included came out to be about $50.

Was it worth the money? The product sells so some obviously some like it. I did not. I found it difficult to get the sleeve over the picc line without disturbing it to the point where I almost yanked it out. I had great difficulty getting the bulb in the right positition to suck the air out and even when my wife helped me with it I did not feel confident it was water proof. I immediately sent it back for a refund which I am still waiting for.

I'm back to using Seal & Press or is it Press & Seal and seal it with tape I get from the clinic. A little time consuming but it works. If someone could design a nice simple but effective Picc line protector they could make some money.

If you've been following my saga you know I stopped Vadaza and am now on Decogen. Only one cycle but I feel better than i did on Vadaza and I'm so glad not to be getting those shots in the stomach. Now its sit down, relax, hook up to the picc line and call me when its over...5 days every 4 weeks.

so far I hadn't had any major side effects other than what we all expect...constipation and weakness.

If the side effocts don't get any worse you may continue to color me BLESSED

Thanks for sharing everyone. it helps us all to know we are not alone.

God bless us all