View Single Post
Old Thu May 13, 2010, 09:43 AM

My father........

kind of followed the same path your mother is on. I don't want to act like a doctor, but I am not sure as to why they give your mom hydrea? My father's first problem was that he had too many platelets, for which he was given hydrea.

Now, I know that hydrea not only lowers your platelets, it lowers everything else as well. I know your mom has too many whites, but is that a big deal in her situation? Is it worth lowering that if it brings the other counts down as well?

Again, I'm not suggesting that taking hydrea is improper. Like you have said, sometimes you have to question things yourself. I know they took my Dad off the hydrea when his other counts went down. I guess they felt like having too many platelets was the least of his problems.

Like I said, your mom's situation seems to mirror my father's. If I can be of any help, don't hesitate to ask.

I haven't posted on here for a while, but I just want you and all others suffering from this disease that you are in my thoughts and Prayers always.