View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 13, 2017, 10:40 PM

Dad newly dx w/therapy related MDS- RAEB II

Hi everyone, my Dad was in his 6th year of remission from AML and was dx w/RAEB II on 2-1-17. His blood tests didn't alarm his doctors until the last week of January, he had become dependent on oxygen, was extremely pale, and was extremely weak and tired. He went in the last week of January and they immediately started transfusions because his blood counts were so low.

He started on Vidaza Friday 2-5-17 and has had the vidaza each day since. His last set of injections for this round will be tomorrow. My Dad was told he is not a candidate for SCT due to him being oxygen dependent. He also has heart damage that was caused by the strong chemo he received in 2011.

He is 64, and was doing really good up until October 2016 when he started feeling out of breath and weak. He had actually gotten to the point where he would ride 30+ miles on his bike daily, so this came as quite a shock, we all thought he was in the clear.

Just here looking for support and to share information, and provide support for others if I'm able.