View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 25, 2017, 01:18 PM

Hi, Eric! I haven't heard of an association with liver cancer but there is a well known association with autoimmune hepatitis and infectious hepatitis A with Aplastic Anemia. Hopefully this link will take you to the articles on Google Scholar but a quick search will find them.: https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...7ICC0QgQMIIjAA In many cases the liver suddenly recovers from the hepatitis and then Aplastic Anemia develops over the course of the future weeks. I'm sad to hear in your case that it has been going on for years. I'm glad to hear that your liver appears to be recovering using your treatment but also sad that you're in the hospital with an active bleed. Some people develop antibodies from frequent platelet transfusions when they have Aplastic Anemia - it is called becoming refactory to platelets; they may need to start transfusing HLA matched platelets for you if they can find them. Often they need to be flown in. If you are truly refactory to platelets and your liver is recovering, it may be time to consider a bone marrow transplant using one of the protocols that uses Fludarabine in place of more toxic traditional regimines (as the more toxic regimines injure the liver). Good luck and we hope to hear that you are out of the hospital soon!