View Single Post
Old Fri May 26, 2017, 10:57 AM

Update, of sorts

Finished the 1st half of Chemo. No more Taxol and I only go every 3 weeks for Herceptin. However, the Taxol was working on the high Platelet issue and now that it is stopped they are climbing back up. I can tell because my Blood Pressure is rising. Next treatment is June 2nd. Will get the new Platelet reading then.

I began Radiation treatment 5-23rd. Every day, 5 days a week for 21 days. That effectually eats into a day and all I manage to get done is get there and back, feed dogs & cats, read some and sleep. So far it is not unpleasant. Hope it stays that way but I believe it will peak around the 3rd week. One day at a time.

I had no problem with nausea from the Chemo but it killed my finger and toe nails. They are all in the process of coming off. When they began to die it was very painful but now it isn't at all. It is just a waiting game for the old nails to come off and the new nails to regrow.

Spending a lot of time reading and I don't mind that at all.

Enjoying a break from the summer heat we had last week, I know it won't last but right now it is 75 as opposed to 90 of last week. If I was younger, I would do a happy dance.

Regards to all,
Janice