View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 7, 2015, 12:38 AM

Until we moved up the coast to Wangi Wangi I was seeing a haematologist by the name of Jane Freeman at the Sydney Adventist Hospital. I found her excellent. From the start I told her that I wanted to be thoroughly informed, no matter what, and she did that in a kind and gentle way. When I was going to have a transplant, she referred me to Dr William Stevenson at Royal North Shore Hospital. At first meeting he can appear to be abrupt, but he is totally honest, and we really appreciated that.

Has your sister had her Vitamin D3 levels checked? There is some evidence that D3 supplementation can boost platelet levels. It seems to do so for me since when I stop taking it they seem to drop about 20 points. See http://www.mdsbeacon.com/news/2010/0...-mds-patients/
Dx MDS RAEB 10% blasts + hypogammaglobulinemia, Sep 2011. Jan 2012 BMB - blasts down to 2% w/out treatment so BMT cancelled. Re-diagnosis RCMD. Watch and wait from Feb 2012. IVIg 5-weekly. New diagnosis Oct 2019 AML 23% blasts in marrow, 10% blasts in peripheral blood.

Last edited by Cheryl C : Tue Jul 7, 2015 at 12:49 AM.