View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 19, 2009, 07:57 AM

Up again, Down again

Thanks Helen, I appreciate the thoughts.

Got to the hospital about 10 am yesterday and found Nellie with high fever again. Once again it improved to normal, but after 4-5 hours it started up again. In addition she had begun having rose colored urine. Not sure what that means. No body can tell me what is happening. With the fresh blood they gave her, her counts shot up to 11+, WBCs over 5 but platletes still at 32.

They want to get the port put in but have to get the fever under control. They brought in an Onc/surgen to do the port instead of having it done by radioligy doctor. In the eve the infectious decease doctor came by. She said nothing could be found in the cultures so far, but that they were still looking. Other cultures still not cooked. They are checking for a URI but nothing yet.

Just now got a call from Dr Morris from Nellie's bedside. He updated me on what he could see was going on. He couldn't tell me much more than I already knew. Some adjustments on meds and he is ordering a BMB stat to see where we stand. Talked about the need maybe for the mini transplant sooner rather than later but we need to resolve her more pressing issues. He is calling in her gastrologist to re evaluate her for the bleeding in the urine, vomiting with some blood, and her lupus doctor for her input. Poor girl had another bad night.

Let you know more later today. Keep her in your prayers.

Eli
Eli, husband of Nellie (64), dx 3/08 MDS RAEB-1 w/abs, 2nd BMB 9/08 after 4 cyls blast dn to .5, Vidaza reduced 50% on 11/19 after sudden drop in CBC, 8th cycle completed 12/26/08. BMB 2/09 blast 17%. Seven day Induction Therapy completed 3/23/09, Started Salvage Therapy 5/5/09. Stopped 5/8/09.