View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 13, 2007, 03:28 PM

Not Alone

Hi Marcus,
You are certainly not alone in feeling "shocked" by your recent diagnosis. I was pretty much the same way 2 months ago when I was told that I had MDS. This forum is certainly a good place to get information, support and knowledge all of which you will need so use it. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that can help answer your questions - just ask.
One thing I have learned over the last 2 months is that this condition really requires your effort to become as knowledgeable as you can. You will have to ultimately make decisions about your treatment options - so become informed, seek out the best doctors that you can, ask a lot of questions, and be demanding of those doctors.
There is a lot of work being done on MDS in the US and they have come a long way in a very short time - so who knows what the future will bring. As far as your wife and family I would bring them into the picture ASAP because they are going to be involved eventually anyway. No time like the present.
It's your life and in fact it's your illness - so my best advice is to take charge of it - the sooner the better!