View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 1, 2012, 06:33 PM

Its been 6 months since my ATG .. In July I was heading to a stem cell transplant full steam .. in August things started to change .. In October -- we have remission ..

I feel like I need to have one of those signs that says "Its been X days since the last industrial accident" only in my case it would say "transfusion" In this case its been over [45] days since I've needed a transfusion of any kind.

The days are sometimes good .. sometimes bad .. there are many new aches and pains to get used to .. occasional hot flashes .. cold sweats. Fevers, chills, etc ..

The good news is .. all the counts are up .. H&H is almost normal. Platelets are above 50 and climbing at the rate of 2-4k a week. The doctor is even starting to say "remission" and other positive things about my case ..

The real issue is .. noone knows why .. We want to credit it to the ATG, but its just past the point where ATG is supposed have been effective .. Though they tell us there has been one other case where there has been a delayed response to the ATG. Noone knows if it is truly stable either .. but for now . I will take it.