Thread: Day 82 update
View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 2, 2015, 03:44 PM

Hi Bailie - Good to know I'm not alone - I'm also on tachrolimus and mycophenolate to prevent GVHD - they want to get me off the mycophenolate as they think that also maybe holding down my counts - I've been on these drugs since the transplant - When the rash started my face became quite swollen - especially around the eyes - and they started on 160 mg of prednisone with the idea of fixing it and tapering quickly. - my sugar hasn't gotten that high - but I was also on prednisone in the hospital and needed a couple of shots of insulin there -

I'm supposed be using a steroid cream as well although I go through a tube ever couple of days given the extent of the rash. While it itches, its fairly tolerable and also seems to respond to an antihistamine - i know people have much worse - just hoping it doesn't progress.

If the retuxin works the rash gets better, they taper the prednisone and eliminate the micophenolate and my counts go up and all is good in the world. Not sure what the plan C would be - so I'm going with plan B for now. Plan A was prednisone and cream...

At least there's no problem with appetite with all the prednisone.

All the best
p
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015