View Single Post
Old Thu May 21, 2009, 01:34 PM

Hospital Supplies

I'll tell you what I am bringing and maybe I will give you some ideas. My transplant doctor said that it was best to wear cotton because the Chemo meds can flush your skin. I am bringing cotton PJ's and all things that button or zip up the front. I have been raiding my husbands closet for large button up cotton shirts. I am bringing sweat pants and a couple of long sleeve fleece zip up sweat shirts..I know I will be cold with the air conditioning. Also my robe and slip on shoes to go to the shower in!I have two headscarves and I am going to bring a knit ski cap for sleeping in to keep my head warm. My laptop, books on CD and my CD player with headphones and a battery charger. Books, if I feel like reading. I hate skinny pillows, I am bringing my king size pillow. I bought a dust cover for it. Some favorite pictures, a throw blanket. Hard candy for dry mouth and a chap stick. All toiletries I am bringing are new and unopened. New slippers with hard bottoms and I will probably get some new walking shoes to walk in and ride the treadmill etc. I bought a clipboard and some paper so I can write while sitting in bed if I feel like doing that..Oh and a soft sleep mask in case the light is too bright.. I have been doing my research! Can you think of anything else? My stepson put games on my computer but I an not a big game person. I am not bothering with a bra with the hickman unit! Also lots of warm socks!!
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09