View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 9, 2009, 12:35 PM

Over a week now and still no news whatsoever. The Profs have stressed again that I'm an emergency case and we need to do this immediately, and apparently have been leaving messages with the American BM registry (which tells me the donor's American, news to me!) and not getting anywhere.

This is beyond frustrating. I can't make any plans. I can't enjoy my days. I'm just a jittery zombie running back and forth to hospital for transfusions and checks most days of the week. My bags are packed, and I have to be ready to go whenever they call. I've never been an anxious or nervous person but this delay is really changing me into a nervous wreck and I hate it.

Worst is that I can't come up with a single plausible reason why someone would postpone on such short notice like this. What do they possibly think my life is like? Do they think I'm doing this for fun or something?
36/F - 1984 SAA treated with ATG [complete remission until] Oct 08 - burst blood vessels in eyes and low platelets; Jan 09 - AA & hypo-MDS; July 09 - BMT (RIC MUD PSCT) July 10 - 10k for Anthony Nolan (1yr post BMT! 53:48) Sep 10 - Wedding! I've run 5 marathons now!! (PB 3:30!)