View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 17, 2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodDay5150 View Post
Hey Sham. You stated that you never had a transplant, but did you ever receive other treatments such as ATG or did your AA go away on its own?
I am not a dr just a patient, so I am not familiar w/ all of the various treatment options and meds used for non-malignant blood diseases in the past. I have heard and met some patients w/ AA and PNH and what they have experienced.
Since diseases such as AA are not very common, I would recommend an appointment w/ a hematologist. You may or may not know that these diseases present themselves in many different ways, so an experts opinion is always the best place to start. You can also look here for more information

https://www.aamds.org/

With that, there are many people here w/ 1st hand experiences w/ these diseases.

Mario
Hi Thanks for your reply. I'm in the process of trying to get a copy of my medical record and treatments from 30 years ago to find out more of what was done during those years. I'm hoping to get answers from these records. Fingers crossed they are still available. I can only go by what I remember and what my parents tell me. All my parents kept are massive bills from the hospital. I will tell you though, all though my AA symptoms has subsided through out my adult hood, I am always prone to being sick. Flu, cold, minor infections. It seems if I'm in the room with a cold, I always catch it.

Thanks for the link.

Sham