Thread: Blasts in blood
View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 10, 2013, 08:24 AM

Billy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Wanted to thank everyone, for thier support thru the last year, allthough Tina and I knew what we were up against we shielded everyone around us from what we talked about with our Leukemia Doctor the very first time we met with her, and I would try to keep things on a positive note when posting on here. How I would like people who read this thread and the other one I started with is, we were not the norm when it came to an AML diagnosis, so dont use Tina as a guage when it come to yourself or someone you know, the odds were stacked against us from the start, even though we didnt understand why and were angery at times, we knew we were truly blessed with what time we had, the last year has been hard, but we chose to live it up while we had the chance, the road ahead will be difficult, but me and my son will get thru this. Tina passed away Tuesday October 8th in the early morning hours, she was sleeping and at peace. I want to thank ya'll for all the love and suppot......Billy
I am so very sorry for your loss - you gave such wonderful support - and I truly hope that you get all the support you need in raising your son. I am just at the beginning of finding my match - I have also been dealing with this for almost 20 yrs. First the aplastic anemia, then MDS, now evolving into AML - you both have shown me to stay positive and find the happiness in life that is there. I wish you much happiness in your life. Susan