View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 12, 2010, 12:02 AM

Marian

Best of luck to you! Not sure how the 8th floor operates and how much freedom is allowed for patients, but I'll inquire about you when we are there.

Monday schedule starts at 11:00 with the dentist, EKG, chest x-ray, then a 2:00 appointment with the transplant doctor at Suite 4 on the 4th floor. My husband's brother is also coming down that day for his final bloodwork, we still do not know who the donor will be. So we're trying to get together with him before he heads back north that afternoon. I have brown hair and my husband is currently without hair from induction therapy, but if we do not connect this Monday then we can connect the following week. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

The lack of follow up meds is something they mentioned, the trade off is a longer time for the immune system to recover. We'll just do the best we can, unfortunately there are no easy answers with these diseases.

Hopefully everything will go well for you and my husband and I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Best wishes,
Debbie
Debbie, wife of Mike age 58, diagnosed RAEB 2 April 2010. Initial blast count somewhere between 10-15% then 20% after two treatments of Dacogen. Completed induction therapy 8/2/2010. BMB 8/31/10 - 4% blasts. SCT 10/1/2010. Relapsed in 10/2014, second transplant from same donor on 12/31/2014.