View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 17, 2012, 02:17 PM

I think it's been about 6 months this month. When he goes at the end of the month that will be his seventh treatment. They did do a biopsy after the fourth treatment and it worked wonderfully. He went from one end of the scale to the complete opposite for his blasts but his anemia came back and I think that's what is bothering him. He's sick of feeling run down with no energy I guess. He said he's sick of being on antibiotics constantly and that's why he wants to talk to the Dr. about stopping chemo. I don't think he has completely grasped what the Dr. told us when he first started chemo. We were told that he would have to be on chemo for as long as it's working or until he refuses it but either way we will only have a few months to a year with him once the chemo stops working.

I'm worried that my dad thinks he's cured and from what I've been told by his Dr. and what I've read online the only cure is a marrow transplant which he doesn't even come close to qualifying for. I just don't want him to take himself off the chemo if it's just going to make him sick again but before he can go back on the chemo. I don't want to loose him any sooner then I have to which I know everyone understands no one ever wants to loose someone. It's hard because he looks to me for help and I'm having the hardest time finding info to help him.