View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 4, 2014, 12:14 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for your comments. My wife was admitted to MD Anderson couple of weeks ago for ATG treatment. We went with ATG-Horse again plus oral Promacta(Eltrombopeg). It's only been a week, so her counts are still rock bottom. Her platelet is in low single digits, so she gets tranfusion every other day now. Her ANC was 0.0 but now started to creep up, which I think is the Neulasta shot she received right after ATG. Her Hemo is at around 9.5 because she received some blood right before ATG.

By the way, our doctor gave my wife an IVIG transfusion hoping to see transfused platelets last a bit longer in her body. It seems like it worked for couple of weeks.

We are now in the waiting battle. Y'all know how that is. During the first treatment, it took us almost 2 months before her counts started to move.

When the counts stabilize, we are going to taper off of her Keppra. She's epileptic but her seizures have been well controlled lately. Hopefully, her spells don't come back even after the tapering.

Good luck to you all.