View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 26, 2010, 10:05 PM

Revlimid Status

Okay, So, it's good to be agressive in finding out what the status is, etc. etc. Come to find out, today, I contacted the clinical nurse to see what the status was on Ron's Revlimid and was told the nurse handling it was off today, so, my comment... "Is she the only one that can inquire? So, we just wait on her to return?". Well, at that point, the Nurse talking to me said she would personally call the company if that's what I wanted... and my reply was, "Yes, Please".

Long story short... The Revlimid had been approved for Ron's treatment, but, evidently, there was a glitch in the processing/distribution of the drug. (What I Feared).

The pharmacy that was contacted by the company did not have it, so, they contacted a "Sister Pharmacy", and they were suppose to fill the prescription & contact Ron for delivery. That did not happen, because, the Sister Pharmacy said they did not receive the Faxed prescription... or so they said. The nurse in the clinic today re-faxed the prescription and then, the sister pharmacy said they were backlogged.

My Answer: "Not Acceptable".

The Nurse called the sister pharmacy again after 5pm and will get with someone in the morning to rush the distribution hopefully. She promised to call me tomorrow morning with the latest status/update.

I'm sharing this information as a reminder to all to follow-up, follow-up... never wait too long before asking questions!!!

Hopefully this will be resolved this week and Ron will recieve the Revlimid.

Cindy
Cindy, wife of Ron 66 dx w/MDS(RARS)Feb'09,Vidaza 13mons. BMB 2/10 -5q/increased blasts. Watch/wait May-Jul10. Revlimid Jul-Aug10:A-Fib. BMB Aug18, 12%blasts. MDS to AML. Induction completed 9/21/10. BMB Oct10:CR. Consolidaton:10/25/10. Dacogen Dec27-29. SCT on Hold. Fevers/Nt sweats Jan11.