Thread: Blasts in blood
View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 29, 2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
BamBam if your a regular person your not supposed to have any blasts in the blood....Going ron 4% to 33% is an indicator that treatment may not be effective anymore, have them do a differential every week for 6 weeks, if your on a 28 day cycle of treatment you can see whats going on, or ask for another BMB or better yet a FISH Test, that will determine the best route for tratment.....Billy
Dear Billy, I'm saddened to hear that Tina is now receiving hospice care. I hope that the care you both receive is as caring and accessible as is mine. My Vidaza was stopped after four months after biopsy showed increased blasts. I had such awful side effects with it, so it was a relief to stop. After another ER room with that awful debilitating gut pain (since relapse last March) I was admitted where a CT scan (the latest of many that showed nothing) started to show swollen lymph nodes in my abdo, as well as thickening between the large and small colon - the leukemia had moved into that area and I suspect is now in my CNS. I was discharged one week later, after IV fluids, transfusions and antibiotics for an opportunistic UTI and declared palliative. I am now on Hydroxyurea, which lowers my counts even more dramatically and I'm close to calling it a day with the TRX. I'm not sure I can take any more. As Tina's loving Caregiver, I realize how hard this must be for you too, as I watch my own spouse struggling to cope with this, the challenge of all challenges. I send you love, peace and understanding and I send Tina love, peace and freedom from pain. Thinking of you both, bb
DX MDS RA Low Risk August 2012. DX Changed to MDS RAEB1. Progressed to AML July 2013. Participated in clinical chemo trial CPX351 and relapsed four months later in March 2014. Maintenance chemo -VIDAZA (AZA) stopped after 4 rounds. Awaiting full report from BMB.