View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 7, 2010, 04:43 PM

Husband dx with RAEB1

Hi Everyone
I have been following this forum since the first part of July. My husband was diagnosed with Intermediate 1, RAEB 1 in June. He has really declined in the past couple of months. He has been hospitalized with high fevers 3 times, the first being the last day of his first Dacogen cycle. The have done a multitude of tests during each hospital admission and have never been able to find the source of the fevers. He had a port put in the week before his treatment started and at the third hospital say they discovered it might be infected and removed it. They did a culture on it , but found no infection in the port. They then put a pic line in. It was in for about 4 days, clotted and he developed an infection in his arm. We have met with a doctor to discuss a BMT. No sibling match so they are looking for a donor in the registry. We are both so scared. My fear is that if his body is rejecting everything they put in him, how is his body going to do with someone else's bone marrow or stem cells? I hope this makes sense. I am sure you all know this is a terrifying and confusing time for us. We went to the BMT doc last week and he told us his disease has progressed to Intermediate 2. Thank you for your support. There are so many inspiring stories on this forum.