View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 24, 2012, 06:26 PM

Hi Marmab

Thanks so much for your post....this is exactly why I think this forum is so important for AA patients. For some reason I am of the view that with a rare disease like AA that we AA sufferers need to play a really active role in the disease as I feel that between us our efforts may actually help to find a cure other than BMT for this disease or even help with treatment options.

As for me, I am on 20 mgs of prednisone and after 3 days at this level of prednisone my hgb has increased to 8.8 and the coombs test came back negative this time. My coombs test before was only a slight positive. Mt retic count is above 6!!! After going back and reviewing my labs though it appears that some form of hemolysis has been going on since early November and from late November my LDH levels were slightly higher than normal. The issue is that with the high retic count my hgb levels should really be climbing more than they are so something is going on. They have decided to switch cyclosporine brands to see if that will help. At this stage I am taking 300 mg of cyclosporine a day. I am back in for more tests on Friday so will keep you posted as to whether there is anymore change. I will also mention to my doctors about whether we should look at reducing the cyclosporine.

Take care and wishing you a happy holiday season.