View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 26, 2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieW View Post
I have been following these forums since November 2011 when it was discovered I had pancytopenia. After four months of waiting, testing and watching my counts drop, I was diagnosed in February 2012 with moderate AA. I completed Horse ATG two weeks ago and am now on tacrolimus and a host of other RX.

In addition, I am still on medical leave from work with an expected return date of April 9th. It is frustrating because I feel fine right now other than some symptoms from tapering prednisone, but my doctor insists.

I have noticed Susy and Hopeful as your age and situations seem similar to mine. I would like to keep in touch and welcome questions and personal email from anyone.
Welcome MelanieW!

It's great that you are feeling better after the ATG. Your bone marrow is still very fragile and your WBC/ANC are probably low. So, I would heed your doctor's advice and avoid work for now to lessen your exposure to viruses. When you do return, remember to maintain caution around sick people, even when your WBC/ANC return to normal.

Best of luck with your recovery! Feel free to private email me if you have any questions.