View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 23, 2014, 01:14 PM

I just started on a lower intensity Vidaza treatment (5 days instead of 7) for low risk MDS after my numbers started dropping and I was needing transfusions. The thought is that Vidaza can stop the disease process from progressing in low risk patients. We considered a trial comparing Vidaza with Docogen in low risk patients - but it wasn't happening and we wanted to start treatment. The only side effects I had was pain around the injection site - and I generally felt good after the first treatment. I asked my doctor about the oral Vidaza thinking it might be easier than getting an injection - and she said that the it sometimes had gastrointestinal side effects that could be problematic - so we went with the injection. I'm sure everyone's experience is a bit different - and certainly a safe and effective oral Vidaza would be a lot easier than a visit to he doctor for a shot. I also thank you if you do the trial - and good luck with whatever you choose.
Lower risk MDS diagnosed 2012. Recurring skin nodules treated with prednisone, otherwise watch and wait. HG dropped from 11.5 to 8.7. Kept going down to 5. Vidaza didn't work. BMT from MUD on September 10 2015