View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 21, 2011, 10:31 PM

Talking Started the Horse ATG 6/20!

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you all know I started the horse atg On monday 6/20 & I'm doing great.. Before they started the treatment the nurses came in and gave me pre-meds to prevent any reaction.. Tylenol,benedryl, & prednisone. I did well on the first treatment yesterday The transfusion was only 6 hours and today they bumped it up to 4 hours. The doctor said I will get the ATG for 4 days! I should go home sometime thursday if all goes well.. They started me on the cyclosporine yesterday I'm taking 200MG twice a day every 12 hours.. & they will test my level before I go home..
The doctor told me I will continue taking the prednisone for a month and then slowly taper me off to prevent getting serum sickness its also is a immune suppressent..
He said if the treatment is working my blood counts should be improving in a couple months... I'm hoping this treatment will stop my T-Cells attacking my red blood blood cells in my bone marrow, thats what the bone marrow biopsy showed!!
I'll keep everyone posted on here.. If anything changes
25 yrs old, Diagnosed with Pure Red Cell Aplasia in January 1999 At age 13, Monthly blood transfusions of Red blood cells Every 4 weeks, Takes Exjade 1750 MG. Started Horse ATG 6/20/11; Taking Cyclosporine 200MG twice a Day!