View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 3, 2012, 04:21 PM

Hi everyone,
I am pleased to report that, as of this Thurs., 7/5, my husband will come off Promacta. Once his platelets went over 100,000 they started a slow taper from 150mg., dropping the dosage 25mg. every 2 weeks until his last dosage, which was 25mg. - trying to get those stubborn platelets below 100,000.
His platelets today were 121,000. Also during the time he was on Promacta - which he started 3/11 - his reds reached the normal range for the first time since 11/08. You can read his history in this clinical trial at the start of my other thread under "Clinical Trials" named "New Promacta (Eltrombopag) clinical trial at NIH" as well as a little history in this thread. He virtually had no side effects that we know of - he tolerated the Promacta very well.
They will do CBC's every 2 weeks to monitor the situation and we go to NIH on 7/17 for a scheduled BMB but we don't expect any surprises.
He was the first MDS guinea pig for Promacta at NIH and I think he will be Promacta's star MDS patient.
If anyone has any questions regarding this treatment or NIH please feel free to contact me.
God Bless,
Sally

Last edited by Sally C : Tue Jul 3, 2012 at 04:43 PM.