View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 9, 2013, 09:12 AM

Hi Mseth,

I hope the EPO + G-csf works for your mom. If i remember correctly, good to have the EPO test first as if the serum-EPO is more than 500, then it is less effective for EPO.

She is doing fine with 6 tables/day now. If you are worry, you can try with 3 tables a day first and slowly increase it to 4, 5 and 6 in a few months time. Just a thought. Actually we are worried as well, this is what we do for my mother. Increase slowly the tablets/day. No side effects from the beginning.

I think there were 3 iron chelation, this is the info i found last year - deferoxamine (Desferal), deferiprone (Ferriprox) and deferasirox (Exjade). The least side effect one is Exjade based on the info i get from the web. We asked the hospital to prescribe Exjade but the hema says it is very expensive compare to Ferriprox, so my mom only getting Ferriprox.

cheers
teo
Teo, son to Goh, age 71 dx mightbe MDS with low HB & RBC Jan 2012; FE 7755 on Nov 2014 - 6*500mg ferriprox; BT every month since Feb 2012; BMB done July 2013 - no conclusive evidence of MDS or PRCA; EPO stopped Nov 2013; Danazol 200mg*2 starts Nov 2013 + cyclosporine 25mg*4 starts June 2015