View Single Post
Old Fri May 29, 2009, 10:36 AM

Pre-Conditioning

Hi Laura, I resent the e-mail and it seems to have gone through, hyphens do seem to dissapear with that line under the e-mail address.I am having my kitty fixed today and I had to remove her food and water so she started biting me around 5 AM so I got up. She doesn't break the skin she is just irritating. I went to sleep early from my bmb. I told my doctor that I had a really high tolerance to Novocaine so he gave me the whole dose and boy what a difference that made.This was my least painful experience, but I must admit I took 2 xanax and 2 strong vicodins this time. I have to read this pre-conditioning off of my info. After they put in my catheter I will have Busulfan 4 times a day for 4 days, also fludarabine daily, anti nausea, allpurinol (for kidney damage) and dilantin to prevent seizures. No radiation, are you sure that you will have radiation or are you assuming? I thought that also but it is usually given for types of cancers that have tumor or bone involvement. Next you start receiving the anti rejection drugs, tacrolimus, and methotrexate and any additional drugs needed for any signs of GVH. I have been trying to get a mile in of some type of exercise to keep my cardio conditioning up. I was getting lax due to my tiredness but I have been making it happen and I do have more energy!! I am still waiting for my donor dates..You are young and you will do fine! Vera
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09