View Single Post
Old Fri Jun 5, 2009, 09:52 AM

Transplant Update

I got up early yesterday to write an update but I was so upset about Nellie's passing that I wanted to give the day to her. If everything goes as planned I will be admitted on June 23rd to UCSF Medical center and I will receive my new cells on July 1ST.They told me that they were very happy about my new 10/10 match.
I called my former transplant coordinator to ask about signing off some mileage and she said that they got a letter from Anthem Blue Cross asking them to get all of their paper work together because they were going to take a serious look at giving them COE Status. Amazing isn't it? Maybe I just wasn't meant to have that first donor?
So I have three more weeks to wait and I think that will go fast!
My BMB from last week was less than 1% blasts. Remember they were 11-12% before Vidaza? This is my current DX.
HYPER CELLULAR MARROW WITH TRILINEAGE HEMATOIESIS;
INCREASED NUMBERS OF MEGAKARYOCYTES, WITH MODERATE ATYPIA
ERYTHROID IRON IS PRESENT;
PATCHY MILD RETICULIN FIBROSIS.
"immunohistochemical stain for CD34, continues to demonstrate changes compatible with an ongoing myelodysplastic process;however.blasts are not significantly increased." The bad guys are still being suppressed and who knows how long that could last?
Vera, 56 yo female Dx RAEB II 10-08, 11-12% blasts. Normal chromosomes. Started Vidaza 10-08. . Improved Dx 3-09 MDS RA 2% blasts 8 cycles Vidaza! SCT transplant 7-1-09 at UCSF. Normal bone marrow and MDS free as of 10-09