View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 21, 2010, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mausmish View Post
my particularly nasty MDS. Even with full, the docs are very concerned about the potential for relapse but have other plans in mind should that occur.
Karen,

My transplant doc is a Wake Forest, which does almost exclusively reduced-intensity transplants. But she trained at Stanford and they take a very aggressive approach. "The clone is stubborn," she told me once.

In fact, though they were looking at a reduced intensity version for me, she confided that, were she an MDS patient, she'd be inclined to go for the full deal, assuming appropriate age, health, etc.

I'd say you are in very good hands.

My observation on veganism is that some vegans do wind up eating a lot of processed foods -- often more than the typical ovo-lacto vegetarian, who can slack their "meat-hunger" and need for protein and fat with eggs and cheese. But that's my daughter's bag. My Thanksgiving dinner (a day or two late) will consist of a nice ten-pound roast chicken that I raised myself (and dispatched myself!).

Have fun packing!

Greg
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com