View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 21, 2011, 09:13 PM

LGL Leukemia

Interesting question regarding any prior auto-immune issues.
I was diagnosed with LGL Leukemia in July 2009, due to pancytopenia and low ANC. Was treated with prednison & methotrexate, cyclosporine, and then cytoxan in Aug. 2010. My need for transfusions went from needing 2 units every 8 weeks, to needing 2 units every 6 weeks once I started on the cytoxan.
All counts dropped drastically, my ANC was .300, and I got pnemonia in Oct. '10. Went back to the Mayo clinic for another bone marrow biopsy, and was then given the SAA diagnosis and immediately went through the ATG treatment Dec '10.
My counts are low but stable. Last platelet transfusion Dec. 16th - last blood transfusion Jan. 21 '11. Hgb has been hovering around 8.4 - platelets have shot up to 50.
Doctors are still scratching their heads if I still have LGLL, or if I was mis-diagnosed and had AA all along. I wonder (though I am not a doctor, don't play one on t.v - just visit one on a bi-monthly basis) if the cytoxan had anything to do with my SAA?