View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 22, 2011, 06:59 PM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscrzy1 View Post
I'm sorry in that I have no answers for your questions. I am curious to follow if it works for you, however. I'm in the process of what they believe to be either a relapse of AA or a morph into MDS. I'm curious, though, when you noticed a relapse, did your counts drop quickly or was it a slow decline?
I guess you could say it was a slow decline. I had atg (horse) in November of 2008. I was on cyclosporine until September of 2009. My counts were pretty good at that time, Hematocrit 36/platelets 100,000/wbc hovered in the high 2's. My decline started in August of 2010. They blood counts dropped a little bit every month. Now my Hematocrit is 26/platelets are 35,000 and whites are still in the 2.5 area. Hopefully the cyclosporine and prednisone will work, or I guess it will be another round of atg. I have two brothers but neither is a match for a bone marrow transplant. Although I do have some good matches in the bone marrow registry. I am terrified by the thought of a bone marrow transplant!