View Single Post
Old Thu May 30, 2019, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie W View Post
transplants, we met them both at Hope Lodge in NYC, living in NYC for a few months is not so bad, especially when the lodging is free and you can be at a major transplant center within 30 minutes. And Sloan now runs a free shuttle, something they did not do in 2010 and Cornell is just across the street. This was my husband's second transplant at Sloan, during our first 'tour' at Hope Lodge in 2010/2011 they were doing very few cord transplants, but that changed in late 2014/2015 during our second stay after transplant. One person had a double cord with a haplo at Sloan and one of the cords became her donor. The other person had a single cord plus haplo at Cornell and her brother became the dominant donor. Generally they use the haplo as a bridge while waiting for the cord to take hold, but as noted above that does not always happen. They both just celebrated their two year anniversaries and are doing very well. One back to university and the other working full time.

I
found this on an older thread, more what I was looking for. Thank you three years later for sharing this Debbie W

Last edited by shadowii : Thu May 30, 2019 at 09:38 PM.