View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 16, 2009, 11:43 PM

Unhappy

Thank you for your replies all! I'll try to remeber what I wanted to reply to each. First off, I was severly iron deficitn when I first started going ot the Hematologist and I had a WBC of 2.8 (the WBC dropped quick and fast though to 1.1). My ferritin level was >1. My HGB was low at that point (they think) due to the low iron level. The iron supplements didn't really work that well or quick on me due to digestion issues. So after a while and them discovering more about my WBC we did the bone marrow draw which showed less than 10% cellularity. They thought the IV iron would be the most helpful to get my energy level up and "cure" the HGB numbers. And it has helped that and only that. Just had a blood test done this week and my ferrtin is now in the 600 range (I can't win LOL) but they suspect it will settle down (it's been two weeks since my last IV iron). HOWEVER when I wrote this AND this whole time I did not realize my platelets have been on a downward trend. I was so focus on the darn ANC each tiem I got my lab worked I didn't see the trend till this week when it came up "low" at 136. Not horribly low but when I started going to the hematologist in May it was in the high 200s. Also since I wrote this post I pretty much asked the doctor the same question I asked all of you...and she was kind enough to reassure me that noting in my body is working and not to get excited about my high WBC blips (as I call them) LOL We have a close relationship so her lack of enthusiams and sarcasim were completely appropriate. On top of all this I now have a "slightly enlarged spleen"

On another note, I still can't help but feel so alone and scared and unsure. I am so happy my numbers are where they are cause for AA things could be much much worse...but for me this is bad enough - I don't want to think of worse. Compared to so many on here I'm "healthy" LOL