View Single Post
Old Mon May 25, 2015, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykatie View Post
My husband is dying from advanced high risk MDS/AML. I need information on chemicals used by army mechanics used during the years 1966 to 1969. He was never in Vietnam but is dying from most of the symptoms of agent orange: heart problems, diabetics, MDS, Leukemia, COPD. When we filed a claim for VA disability, the person who helped us with the form, kept asking us if my husband was sure he never came into contact with agent orange. My husband was at Ft Polk, La, Ft Carson, Co, & Mannheim, Germany. The only thing we can think of is all the chemicals, solvents, cleaners he used for brakes, engine parts, etc. had to be toxic, plus he was never given any type of protective gear.
Any information on any chemicals that you would know of that was used by army mechanics in the years of 1966 to 1969?
My husband had everything your husband has except for COPD. He was in Vietnam 68-69, and he did some airplane maintenance. I do not know much about the places your husband was stationed though. AO was reportedly mixed with fuel before spraying.