Thread: So scared
View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 15, 2015, 07:24 PM

helpful info and support

triumphe64: thank you for suggesting the conference in Cleveland, however that one may be to soon for me to attend to since i don't drive and would have to find a ride there and I also need a month advance at work to schedule off. Thank you for the suggestion though and I may look into going to a conference in the future.

Hopeful: if BMB stands for bone marrow biopsy then yes i have had two to confirm the diagnosis. My platelets went form 19 to 27 after having two platelet transfusisions. It was hard for the doctor to come up with the diagnosis of aplastic anemia because my red blood cell and white blood cells are low but not so low that its a clear sign something is wrong. My lowest number is my platelets and after the doctor got my medical records she seen that my platelets have been low since about 2009, and I didn't find out about it until last year when I was in the hospital for a week. When I was in hospital and since I have had several test and labs done and all of them have come back clear or negative. They can't figure out why my platelets are so low.

DanL: thank you for your encouraging word they helped me some. When I feel overwhellmed and scared I tend to want to be in control of everything and normally only see the negatives in a situation. I am trying to change that and most of that my be coming form the anxiety and depression i also suffer with.

FayeR: it is hard for me to explain how i feel to others and mostly to myself because i struggle recognizing how i feel. have trouble expressing my emotions and feelings but am continuing to work on it.

thank all of you for reply and trying to encourage and help a young adult recently diagnosed and extremely scared.