Thread: Low platelets
View Single Post
Old Sun Jan 2, 2011, 04:15 PM

Clinical Trials

Bebop,

Is your Dad in hospice with supportive acre only at this point? I'm sorry I have forgotten whether that is the case, though I do recall a conversation about that earlier.

In any case, there may be some clinical trials out there for NPlate (trade name Romiplostim). Here's one, though the GA, FLA, and SC locations already seem to have filled their complement. You could call the Amgen (that's the drug company) call center at 866-572-6436, or get your doc to do it.

Promacta is also being trialed for MDS, you could call the Glaxo SmithKline clinical trial number at 877-379-3718.

The trials always have various criteria in terms of disease, disease progression, and physical condition. But they might be worth exploring. There's generally no cost to the patient for the drug.
Greg, 59, dx MDS RCMD Int-1 03/10, 8+ & Dup1(q21q31). NIH Campath 11/2010. Non-responder. Tiny telomeres. TERT mutation. Danazol at NIH 12/11. TX independent 7/12. Pancreatitis 4/15. 15% blasts 4/16. DX RAEB-2. Beginning Vidaza to prep for MUD STC. Check out my blog at www.greghankins.com