View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 12, 2021, 11:59 AM

Hi Matthew42,

I just read some of your other posts. It is a waiting game at this point, which is never easy. It's good that your mom is seeing some improvements in her counts. If she is no longer taking the drugs that may have damaged her marrow and if she is recovered from COVID, then hopefully time and rest will allow her marrow to heal, and you will see incremental improvements in the coming weeks/months. Did she get convalescent plasma to fight her COVID? This seems like human-ATG to me.

I remember that only one blood line would improve at a time for me, and very slowly. I also remember a bump in my HGB right after ATG that quickly went back down. I remember having the talk at 3 months. I remember feeling stronger after ATG, even though it took awhile for this to be seen in my counts. Keep the faith and stay positive!

I think you can request fresh RBCs. This may help extend the length of time between transfusions. As you know, after ~20 bags of blood, iron overload is a concern.

Is your mom off of platelet transfusions? Is her platelet count holding, even if it is low?

Wishing you both well!