View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 11, 2007, 06:08 PM

Hi again Julia,
I responded to the other thread but I would like to say that Grant's onset of puberty has been very slow and late compared to most of his peers and especially his brother. It is happening, but slowly. It did not improve his AA, however we are trying male androgen therapy now (Danazol) hoping for some improvement.

Grant was diagnosed 12/4/98 at the age of 7 and since that time, he has had a fairly normal life. Lots of blood draws, and no contact sports but he has just developed other interests.

I would be REALLY REALLY happy with 30K platelets. We would kill for that right now. It has only been this past year since he has been transfusion dependent that it is starting to cramp his style a bit.

Grant's platelets were around 30 and we started getting antsy and wanted to try something new. MMF was what we chose (mycophenolate) and it was disasterous and dropped his red cells drastically and did nothing for platelets. It was the beginning of a serious decline and he has been transfusion dependent ever since!

Wendy