View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 1, 2008, 02:24 AM

Kick-start revlimid

Hi Jean:

I couldn't remember where I had seen something about Revlimid rescue, so it was off to Google for a search through a fantastic amount of information.

No. 1. Revlimid combined with other drugs. (34,300 hits) A lot of stuff about myeloma plus some MDS and the name Velcade kept popping up.

No. 2. Revlimid - Velcade (191,000 hits) A lot of good stuff here but I had to narrow it down a bit.

No. 3. Revlimid - Velcade - Myelodysplastic Syndrome (22,000 hits)
I found what I was looking for here. You might print out one or two of the best articles for your doc.

When looking for Revlimid you will also see it called Lenalidomide or CC-5013. When looking for Velcade you will also see it called Bortezomib.

The Results: With Revlimid and Velcade there is additive and synergistic interaction so that, even if patients are resistant to these drugs as single agents, they can be combined with each other to provide effective treatment. It seems that Revlimid and Velcade work through different pathways in the cell and when combined are more potent than either one alone.

I went through this whole drill so you can show your doc how to do it.

Be sure to let us know how your doc responds to this info and how you respond to treatment.

Best wishes ---
Middle-aged (83 yo) dx Nov 4, 1997 w/MDS-RA+pancytopenia, tx about 18 mo. Responded to EPO+G-CSF. Ferritin dropped from 2500 to 480. Three non-fatal heart attacks, five non-fatal strokes and a lot of TIAs. Otherwise in very good health.