View Single Post
Old Wed Oct 15, 2008, 02:57 PM

My counts

My hematicrit is staying at 26ish, my platelets are staying in the low 40's, white count is about 2.1+/-.
My Dr. said that staying on the cyclosporine (down to 100 mg modified 2 x daily) to long is not good for the kidneys and liver. My liver seems to be OK (but overloaded w/iron) but my kidneys are stable but not normal.
I see my hemo on Friday and I will ask her about the magnesium and potassium, for some reason she said I was not a good candidate for procrit and the like. She did do a retic(?) something bone marrow blood test and it was 1.9, she said this was good. I realize stress probably has a lot to do with my brain functions, and it is something I have to learn to deal with.
My employer stated that when I come back he will need me to be totally functioning and reliable. I need to be able to "hit the floor running" I wish I could promise him that I will not need anymore ATG's or ? I am rambling again. I am going to look at the clinical trials web and talk to the hemo. missy