View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 26, 2008, 08:58 PM

Thumbs up Support

Hi Melissa,
Congratulations on your improved counts!!!
I'm so glad you came across this website. It has proven invaluable for anyone with VSAA or who knows someone with this disease, not only for the in depth information it provides, but also for the mental support. I like your saying about "learning to dance in the rain instead of waiting for the storm to pass." So much easier said than done and I too feel the exact same. Our 11-year-old daughter was diagnosed with very severe AA on Valentine's Day 2008. The first six months were filled with ER visits, extended inpatient stays, two bone marrow aspirations, countless clinic visits, infections, several initially daily transfusions of red blood cells and platelets, daily neupogen injections, and other immunosuppressive drug treatments. Here we are almost 10 months later and her counts have improved overall. She's not in remission, but better. And has been transfusion free for the last five months - woo hoo! She continues her immunosuppressive drug therapy and we are optimistic as we are for you too. You and your family will remain in our prayers. I'm not going to say "hang in there" as it sounds so cliche, but instead, feel free to vent any time and please do not hesitate to confide in someone you trust whenever you are feeling "down".....and be frank with your oncologist....there could be additional help available to you and you need only to voice your concerns as often as you feel comfortable in doing so.
God Bless,
Shana